Safety with Your Vehicle During a Safe 4th of July!
By: Luke Shaff ~
We want everyone to have a happy and safe 4th of July and to be able to have that, we must give you some safety tips while having fireworks in and near your cars.
- Keep ALL fireworks out of a hot car for a long period of time
- Never smoke in a car while having fireworks in the car
- If you can, transport the fireworks in a plastic container (if you don’t have that, keep them in the trunk, while not able to roll around and be loose)
- Never light a firework from your car and or truck bed
- Make sure when lighting fireworks, all vehicles are a clear distance away in case a firework has a dysfunction
Each year fireworks start an average of 300 vehicles fires. We want to ensure everyone is safe and can have fun as well!
Have a Happy and SAFE 4thof July!